Wednesday, December 21

Castle in the Clouds





So some of you readers might be aware of the Let's Build a House effort over at Carl's site. They had created such a wonderful house that I thought it would be a nice idea to start another such effort. After getting the all good from Carl and the creators of Let's Build a House, I started The Builder's Summit with this shell house, Le Château aux Nuages (Castle in the Clouds). The basic idea is the same so head over to Carl's forums or leave a comment here if you are interested :)

The Builder's Summit Thread




Another Edit - I fixed most of the shells and redid some of the colors to create some contrast. Should be done soon and then it is off to Agneza for a full recolor. I did throw some new images onto the thread so you can get a better feel for how it looks now. Cheers :)

Quick Edit - Ok so it looks like Carl has ok'ed this and so it's official :D
Sportsfan asked if I could change the name and of course I am glad to oblige. So instead of Let's Build a House, this effort will be titled The Builder's Summit, since we are all coming together to create something amazing.

So far Agneza has agreed to redo all the colors after I fix the shell a bit, so that should be incredible.

And of course I had to create some rules. I thought in general The Builder's Summit could be more relaxed and maybe a bit quicker than Let's Build a House. So here are the general rules (might change once Carl, Sportsfan, Seabody of Zapkid reads them) -

- I thought it would be nice if everyone who wanted to work on this could list the expansions and stuffs they own, maybe we can create a list of what is allowed and what is not, as base game is really limiting in some regards. (For myself that is LN, Ambitions, Generations, High-End Loft).

- The time frame for each builder will be one week, however if you are interested and need more time, there can be different times set.

- Each builder is tasked with walling off their assignment and then furnishing and decorating as they see fit. However, I think it would be nice if everyone is also allowed to work on the landscaping and even the exterior of the area they are doing. For instance if someone feels a balcony might be nice or that their section of a house might look good with a color offset to windows, that is okay too.

- As always try to make negative comments constructive rather than critical.

- There are likely other things, but we can figure that out as we go along :)

I also started an unfinished list of what needs to be done.

Exterior coloring - Agneza
Entrance and Docks
Market Square
Underground Tavern
Theatre
House 1
House 2
House 3
House 4
House 5
House 6
House 7
House 8
House 9
Tower 1
Tower 2
Garage Tower
Main House (The one on the mountain)
Garden Area 1
Garden Area 2

So as you can see, there is much to do! After I finish the shell and Agneza colors it, I can create an image that shows where each item is. Even within the houses different builders can be assigned different rooms if need be. The function of each small house will likely be a normal room (like one house for the kitchen and dining room, another for the living room, etc.) That way the lower castle can be like a house altogether and the castle on the hill can be like a retreat. It would be silly to make bedrooms there as your sims would likely be late to work making their way to the entrance. I was thinking the main house could be an area of leisure- swimming, a theatre, fountains, a quick area to read with amazing views, etc.

For a while now I had been thinking to do a giant castle house, sort of like a mini city on a single lot hah. Then after seeing the wonderful Let’s Build a House creations on the Houses and Lots forums while I was making the List thread, I thought such a creation would be ideal for this sort of thing. With different builders each bringing their own unique style, the various sections of the castle could be fantastically creative. Also, I am not so skilled at interior design as exterior hah. The goal of this creation was to build a lot where the one using it could just walk around in wonder and constantly discover little nooks and crannies of amazement here and there.

So, in any case, I started on the shell. I titled the house Le Château aux Nuages (Castle in the Clouds). It is by no means done, I still want to redo some of the lower castle houses as well as the main house on the hill. I also only threw a few windows and doors around so you guys could get a feel of how things were looking. And of course the colors are all going to be redone. I only included the images so far so that you could get a feel for whether or not you were interested. There are many different sections as you might guess, so there is lots to do! Even finding someone to recolor the outside would be good, the house is so huge, I don’t really know where to begin hah (*cough* Agneza *cough*).

Well, let me know what you guys think so far. (Alas, anyone who wants to join is going to require LN, as there is no way around getting to the main house without it (I tried a giant set of stairs lol, they were way too ugly). The only other thing I used so far is a tree from Generations I think, but I can take that out.

Anyway, here are the images, sorry for the colors, it makes everything blend together. I can tell you the castle looks better in game lol. So just let me know if you are mildly interested, we can start working out rooms and what there is to do after the shell is finished. Cheers!



















No comments:

Post a Comment